Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a consumption tax levied in India on the supply of goods and services. Every Dealer or Service Provider, whose turnover is more than 40 Lakhs is required to register as normal taxable person (Rs. 10 lakhs for North-Eastern States, Himachal Pradesh, J&K and Uttarakhand).
Apart from this every e-Retailer, Importer or Exporter need to mandatory apply for GST Registration without any threshold GST Registration limit.
Govt takes between 5-7 working days to issue GST Registration Certificate.
Who should apply for GST Registration?
1. Individuals and business registered under Pre-GST Law.
2. Businesses with turnover more than 40 lakhs. (Rs. 10 lakhs for North-Eastern States, Himachal Pradesh, J&K and Uttarakhand).
3. Non-resident taxable persons making taxable supply.
Note: A Non-Resident taxable person is one who is a foreigner and occasionally undertakes transactions involving supply of goods and/or services whether as principal or agent or in any other capacity, but who has no or residence fixed place of business in India.
4. Persons who are required to pay tax under reverse charge
5. Casual taxable person who is not having fixed place of business in the State or Union Territory from where he wants to make supply.
Note: A Casual taxable person is one who has a registered business in some State in India, and occasionally undertakes transactions involving supply of goods and/or services in the course or furtherance of business, in a State or a Union territory where he has no fixed place of business. Such person needs to register in the State from where he seeks to supply as a Casual taxable person.
6. Persons who supply goods and/or services on behalf of other registered taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise.
7. Person who supply via e-commerce aggregator
8. Input service distributor
9. Every person supplying online information and data base retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered person.
10. Every electronic Commerce aggregator.
Documents for GST Registration
Benefits of GST Registration
In any tax system, registration is the most fundamental requirement for identification of tax payers ensuring tax compliance in the economy. Registration of any business entity under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique GST Number from GST Department to collect tax and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on his inward supplies. Without registration, a person can neither collect tax from his customers nor claim any input Tax Credit of tax paid by him.
How to register for GST:
Often people think about how to register for GST, how to get GST Number in India. We ezeefiling is providing GST Registration online through experienced professionals that will resolve the puzzle about how to register for GST, how to get GST Number. GST Registration process involves legal obligation and can be processed with the help of professionals only. We have completed more than ten thousand GST Registration online.